Skip to main content

Metal Gear Solid V Definitive Edition is Available, Just in Time Too

Metal Gear Solid V (MGS) is the last Metal Gear game from Kojima productions. Metal Gear Solid: V Definitive Edition will be packaged with Grounds Zeros, The Phantom Pain and all the DLC. All in one package, releasing today October 11. If you had thoughts about buying Metal Gear Soild V, this is the best way to get the Metal Gear Solid V experience. I didn’t experience Ground Zero and am currently playing The Phantom Pain. 




I’ve have been playing through the whole Metal Gear Solid series starting from Metal Gear Solid 2. I started this series because I watched a feature on Giant Bomb which two members play through the whole series. So I decided to join them. I watched the playthrough of Metal Gear Solid, and the way it looked and played with the camera made the game unappealing. What did appeal to me was the cut scenes. The game was a set piece in how video games presented cut scenes a meaningful way.

Watching them play MGS: 2 was what brought me into the series. Playing through the Metal Gear Solid HD collection feels amazing with 60 FPS. Gameplay wise it was enjoyable. The controls wasn't great but I got comfortable the more I played. The series has always been known for their memorable boss encounters. This was the many reasons why it gravitated me to MGS. In MGS: 2 the bosses still carry that unique feel for every fight. The story starts of a little slow but really ramps up after a couple hours. The last hours of the game made the gears in my head turn, which made this game one of my favorite games I have ever played.


Each and every one of the game was a really fun experience. And each of them are different in their own way. For MGS: V they take this game in a completely different place, and yet still manage to maintain the Metal Gear feel. They expanded on the stealth and gunplay, and seems less focused on cut scenes. The amount of detail during missions is second to none. So many options in completing a mission keeps me thinking, playing it or not. The Definitive Edition is the best way to play Kojima's last Metal Gear game.

After watching the lets plays of the Metal Gear Solid series, and now playing through MGS: V I consider myself a Hideo Kojima fan. This is a series that I want to talk more about. The Metal Gear Solid series is the best game series I have ever played. I hope more gamers will try out MGS: V, it might take a while to feel comfortable with the controls and stealth. But after you get over them I’m sure that you will feel as I did when playing it the first time. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnite: Battle Royale: Season 4 Just Made Some Crazy Changes and I in Love with it

Fortnite has become this huge juggernaut in the gaming industry ever since Epic released their Battle Royale mode in late September. The Battle Pass implementation gave the player a progression system that gamify the Battle Royale mode, of which PUBG does not have. Having something to accomplish in-between gathering and fighting during each match creates a sense of accomplishment. In a game where there is a 100-player free-for-all fight, your chances of winning are low, allowing the Battle Pass rewards gives the player this satisfaction of accomplishment even if you lose. Over the past month, Epic has been teasing and creating ARGs in-game for the lead up to Season 4. Hearing about the meteors crashing down on Tilted Towers was cool but I didn’t think anything of it, as I thought it to be a cosmetic choice. But after seeing the video where Titled Towers got hit with small meteors during a match made me believe that the rumored Superhero themed Season Pass might be true. Long a