Skip to main content

My 2016 Game of the Year: # 2 Hitman

# 2 Hitman




Hitman is a weird one, this was my first entry to the Hitman franchise. When this game first launched back in March, I had hope that this game would bring me into the stealth genre. It did the opposite, it was hard to understand the AI – I never knew what I was capable of while they were around. And the weapons were finicky – every weapon I used was difficult and wasn’t what I was use to when It comes to third person-shooting. By the end of my first mission I decided to refund the game.

Skip nine months later, in that time I learned to appreciate the stealth genre – thanks to Dishonored. After watching multiple videos of Hitman and all the content IO interactive (Developers) added after my experience I wanted to give it another shot. This was one of the biggest surprise. Now that there are more maps everything doesn’t seem repetitive and is more interesting to explore. This helped a lot of the problems I had when I first picked up the game – the more I walked around the map the more predictable the AI’s were. And the weapons are still difficult to use, but it occurred to me that this is a stealth game and using weapons are not ideal while in stealth.

After replaying maps, I realized that this game is special. The silly and funny moments I experience through playing and even watching the game are moments I will never forget.

Level Designs Create Creative and Enjoyable Hits

All the maps in the Hitman: Full Experience are designing in a way that if you can think about it, it will work. That was most of my experience – I’d walk around to find my target and then look around the area to see if there is an opportunity to get a quick kill or get that person by themselves. When completing missions, you can replay them and earn points that will allow you to start in a new location, gain new outfits, and new weapons to bring along.

 Another incentive to replay maps are Escalation Contracts. These contracts will provide a target, a weapon to kill the target with, and an outfit to wear while killing the target. And that was just the first of five parts of the contract. After the first hit, the contract will add another target with the same type of requirements. These types of contract will build until the fifth part. This makes the player think creatively and do things that they would never do.

Replay value is a big part in my decisions in purchasing a game and Hitman does that better than any other single-player game.


Elusive Targets Are a Real Test of Becoming a Great Hitman

Speaking of replay value, Elusive Targets are what keeps me comeback to Hitman. Every two weeks, there will be an Elusive Target that will disappear after a curtain amount of time. If you do get a chance to take the target on, don’t mess-up because, you only get one chance to kill the target, once you die there’s no going back.

Some player might see this as negative because those contents can’t be surfaced for new players or players that didn’t get a chance to try. But I think this is a positive and true to the Hitman experience. It’s the emotions you feel while trying to kill the target, the stress, the fear, and the excitement of getting the kill.


Hitman Gave Me Moments I Would Never Forget

Hitman was a ride of highs and lows. The intro pack didn’t have enough for me to enjoy, but now that the game is fully released with all the maps and locations. The experience I gain from playing and watching Hitman was full of uncertainty, victories, and laughs. I can’t wait for Season 2 of Hitman and the laughs it will provide me for months to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnite: Battle Royale: Season 4 Just Made Some Crazy Changes and I in Love with it

Fortnite has become this huge juggernaut in the gaming industry ever since Epic released their Battle Royale mode in late September. The Battle Pass implementation gave the player a progression system that gamify the Battle Royale mode, of which PUBG does not have. Having something to accomplish in-between gathering and fighting during each match creates a sense of accomplishment. In a game where there is a 100-player free-for-all fight, your chances of winning are low, allowing the Battle Pass rewards gives the player this satisfaction of accomplishment even if you lose. Over the past month, Epic has been teasing and creating ARGs in-game for the lead up to Season 4. Hearing about the meteors crashing down on Tilted Towers was cool but I didn’t think anything of it, as I thought it to be a cosmetic choice. But after seeing the video where Titled Towers got hit with small meteors during a match made me believe that the rumored Superhero themed Season Pass might be true. Long a