Skip to main content

New Beginning

Hey guys,

My name is Tinh Nguyen.This is my first blog post and am fairly new to the gaming industry. I had a hard choice to face, to either go to school as a automotive technician and not enjoy what I'm learning. Or write about what I love, which is video games, even though I have no experience at writing personally and professionally. I want to show and make others understand that the gaming industry isn't just about wasting time anymore. Many games today provide multiple experience for everyone. Small games like "Firewatch","Gone Home", and "That Dragon Cancer" are deep story driven games. There are many games coming out everyday from indie to AAA games, now that games are releasing almost everyday there are games that will interest you whatever it may be.

Having no time from school to be playing any games, I still manage to squeeze in some time to play a couple games. With "Pokemon Go" being a huge popular culture phenomenon I started to play "Pokemon Omega Ruby". It hits the nostalgic feeling for me, playing the original Ruby about 10 years ago with family and friends for long periods of time made me realised that how far games have evolved. Being not that far in Omega I remember most of the paths I walked 10 years ago. So far I am only at the third gym, what i notice from playing about 4 hours is that the game isn't really deep in the mechanics, a turn based combat system which you can pretty much get away with just attacking move sets. Even thought the game isn't that deep (combat-wise) it is really enjoyable for old or new comers to the Pokemon series, catching Pokemon you never seen is really rewarding, making someone say, "hey how did you catch that Pokemon" is such a good feeling. Still I am chipping away at Omega and its been enjoyable. I would like to hear your experience with the Pokemon series and how you got in to it.

The decision I made was tough, but I knew what I wanted and I wouldn't know if I made the right or wrong decision unless I went out and tried. Everything that is written here is my experience and I want people to know about the games that I'm playing and games that are coming out that seems interesting. I'm still learning how to write professionally/personally so if there's anything you want to pick at please know that I'm still new and open to learn new things about writing or the industry. This is an exciting and scary time for me, changing my career so suddenly is scary but its exciting to put my focus on gaming and writing. Hopefully I share my experiences and provide you guys with entertaining writing, and don't worry I will be better at this as the time passes. I'm glad to be doing this, hopefully you guys will stay for the adventures to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnite: Battle Royale: Season 4 Just Made Some Crazy Changes and I in Love with it

Fortnite has become this huge juggernaut in the gaming industry ever since Epic released their Battle Royale mode in late September. The Battle Pass implementation gave the player a progression system that gamify the Battle Royale mode, of which PUBG does not have. Having something to accomplish in-between gathering and fighting during each match creates a sense of accomplishment. In a game where there is a 100-player free-for-all fight, your chances of winning are low, allowing the Battle Pass rewards gives the player this satisfaction of accomplishment even if you lose. Over the past month, Epic has been teasing and creating ARGs in-game for the lead up to Season 4. Hearing about the meteors crashing down on Tilted Towers was cool but I didn’t think anything of it, as I thought it to be a cosmetic choice. But after seeing the video where Titled Towers got hit with small meteors during a match made me believe that the rumored Superhero themed Season Pass might be true. Long a