Skip to main content

Saying Goodbye to Destiny

Back in 2014 I purchased my first console along with a copy of Destiny, in fact, Destiny was the game that made me decide to purchase a PS4. Even though it was rough at launch with not a lot to do and a very boring story, the gun play was one of the best. It is so effective and fun to shoot that it made all those rough edges disappear. It’s now 2017 and we’re a day out of Destiny 2 -- Destiny servers will still be up, though not as much players will be present because most of them migrated to Destiny 2. Here’s a goodbye to the first Destiny.


Goodbye to the Devil’s Lair strike, the first strike in the game and a mission I had repeated over and over again trying to increase my levels. To the little dark room in the left corner where my fireteam hid when trying to best Sepiks Prime in the weekly heroic strike.


Goodbye to the loot caves that was exploited by the community and then fixed by bungie. Loot cave being an exploit in Destiny where endless enemies spawn thus giving a more probable chance at getting rare weapons.

The first cave being on earth at Skywatch – standing at a curtain spot will endlessly spawn low level enemies in which you mow down. I just missed the boat with this loot cave but the community quickly found a different “loot cave” that is also on earth. Loot cave 2 was located at the rocketyard on earth, this cave again needs to be activated by standing on a curtain part of the map and enemies will start pouring out. Goodbye loot caves and I hope there are exploits like the loot caves in Destiny 2.


Lastly, Goodbye to all the raids – especially The Vault of Glass. This was the first raid introduced to the game and it definitely introduced me to high level content that I didn’t think I could do. Goodbye to Gorgon’s Labyrinth, where teams must sneak around the gorgons to complete the level or team wipe. Goodbye to Atheon the final boss of The Vault of Glass. Even after beating you multiple times I always had blast going through the obstacles that was placed, but beating you for the first time was the most rewarding accomplishment I’ve done in a videogame – I thank you for that and bid you a farewell.


Destiny was pivotal for my intrigue in videogames – what it means to make a game and how difficult it can be, how level design can make a game feel immersive, and most important, how connected a community can be. I never thought videogames could make me think about these expositions. So again, goodbye Destiny for all the things I’ve discovered in videogame and in myself, for all the memories I’ve have with random players and, for all the rare loot I’ve gathered – thank you Destiny.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnite: Battle Royale: Season 4 Just Made Some Crazy Changes and I in Love with it

Fortnite has become this huge juggernaut in the gaming industry ever since Epic released their Battle Royale mode in late September. The Battle Pass implementation gave the player a progression system that gamify the Battle Royale mode, of which PUBG does not have. Having something to accomplish in-between gathering and fighting during each match creates a sense of accomplishment. In a game where there is a 100-player free-for-all fight, your chances of winning are low, allowing the Battle Pass rewards gives the player this satisfaction of accomplishment even if you lose. Over the past month, Epic has been teasing and creating ARGs in-game for the lead up to Season 4. Hearing about the meteors crashing down on Tilted Towers was cool but I didn’t think anything of it, as I thought it to be a cosmetic choice. But after seeing the video where Titled Towers got hit with small meteors during a match made me believe that the rumored Superhero themed Season Pass might be true. Long a