Skip to main content

Time Off During the Holiday Break Means More Videogames


I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday break and an even better start to 2017, but a break means more time to play videogames. I played a lot of different games over the break, some multiplayer with friends, and other games that I had on my backlog. It was a great break for me spending time with family and friends, and showing them some games that they might enjoy.


One of the games I played with my friends was Injustice (I’m excited for the injustice 2 in May) this was a game that I haven’t played since I got it from PlayStation plus about 2 years ago, this game resonated with all my friends. Why wouldn’t you like Superman fighting Green Arrow? After play hours of it I remembered how much fun fighting games can be. It brings out my competitive side, which in any game, will keep driving me to come back.


Another game I’ve played with family and friends was Jackbox Party Pack, this is an awesome game with a great idea. This game allows the players to use their phones to answer and draw in a series of games. Drawful is one of five games that is bundle. In Drawful each player will get a word and each must draw out that word and let another player guess. It’s funny and ridiculous how the other players draw their word. Fibbage is a quiz game, answering correctly will grant points, but if you pick a fake answer from another player you don’t get points, the player that made that answer will get points. Making hilarious answers and getting the questions wrong never feels like I’m losing, because of the nonsensical answers I see.


Before the confirmation release date of Mass Effect: Andromeda, I started to play Mass Effect 2. This trilogy has been on my backlog for a year now and it’s time for me to try it in wake of Mass Effect: Andromeda. The first Mass Effect was a bit difficult to get through, the shooting didn’t feel fluid and moving felt a bit off. It was worth the time because the effects of the first game rolls into the second game. I’m really enjoying the loyalty missions, the writing and the motivation of each companion is one of the best side quest/missions I have ever played.

One thing Mass Effect 2 does better than its predecessor is the feel of combat, the shooting feels more fluid and part of that are the abilities and the way you can combine a companion’s ability and yours to do massive damage. I’m really having fun with this game and am really excited to play the third installment, also Mass Effect: Andromeda this March.


Holiday Breaks are for spending time with family and friends and what a better time to do that with videogames, but you don’t have to spend all your time with family, sometimes you want to put yourself inside a game and sync your time and mind into it. What games did you play over the break? I would like to heard some in the comments or on twitter. It’s time to say bye to 2016 and here is to a great 2017.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fortnite: Battle Royale: Season 4 Just Made Some Crazy Changes and I in Love with it

Fortnite has become this huge juggernaut in the gaming industry ever since Epic released their Battle Royale mode in late September. The Battle Pass implementation gave the player a progression system that gamify the Battle Royale mode, of which PUBG does not have. Having something to accomplish in-between gathering and fighting during each match creates a sense of accomplishment. In a game where there is a 100-player free-for-all fight, your chances of winning are low, allowing the Battle Pass rewards gives the player this satisfaction of accomplishment even if you lose. Over the past month, Epic has been teasing and creating ARGs in-game for the lead up to Season 4. Hearing about the meteors crashing down on Tilted Towers was cool but I didn’t think anything of it, as I thought it to be a cosmetic choice. But after seeing the video where Titled Towers got hit with small meteors during a match made me believe that the rumored Superhero themed Season Pass might be true. Long a